Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 9: Double Feature!

Well hello there!  Today is a new day, a new month, and a fresh start!  I have been feeling extremely burnt out lately because I've been working a crap ton of hours in a coffee shop job...Which means constantly smelling like coffee (which can be a bad thing believe it or not) and dealing with needy people all day long...It gets very old.  BUT today is my first day off in a while and the beginning of a new month...So I'm taking this opportunity to get a new perspective and be happier than I was for the majority of May...Or at least the last bit of May really. 

I did pretty much all of my weekly duties last night after work from cleaning the apartment, deep cleaning the cat's stuff, and doing all of my laundry...Therefore I had all day today to do whatever the hell I wanted!  Which of course entailed watching "Can't Hardly Wait", the classic late 90's film about an epic after graduation party.  This used to be one of my all-time favorite movies and I was feeling slightly nostalgic so I popped it in and settled in for a brainless ninety minutes. 

The thing that was surprising was that I actually liked some of the music from the movie...Of course it was all older stuff (especially now) but I still found myself singing along and grinning like a huge goober.  So I figured I would showcase a couple of the tunes!  The first one up is "Farther Down" by Matthew Sweet.  This song has been featured in so many films it's ridiculous.  But I love it every single time.  It's one of those quintessential love songs that just fits pretty much every situation. 


Next up is the classic "Only You" by the band Yaz.  Now I'm a total 80's kid.  Seriously, anything with a synthesizer and I can't help but love it!  I didn't hear this song until I was 12 going on 13...So I was right in the midst of my super emotional stage of puberty...And let me tell you this song cut me to the core.  I used to think it was the greatest song I had ever heard and it made me want to fall in love and play this song at my wedding.  I have since gained control over said emotions and while I still think this is a good song to listen to it doesn't quite have the same effect.  But I appreciate it nonetheless!


No comments:

Post a Comment