Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 11: "Maybe" by Ingrid Michaelson

Today was rough.  No beating around the bush on that one!  My roommate is out of town so I'm taking care of both cats by myself...This wouldn't be an issue whatsoever if I weren't also dogsitting for my friend Kristina and working really crazy hours this weekend...Should make for an interesting next couple of days/posts!  Thursdays at work are always nice because I'm always closing and usually closing with my really good friend Danielle whom I absolutely adore.  She and I always have the best talks and a lot of laughs and the evening goes by so fast!  Tonight was sort of a self-evaluation kind of night where we were sharing our lives and stories and comparing and contrasting what stage of human beingdom we were both in.  We reached a point where we both split off and were inside our own heads while cleaning and both started singing randomly.  I caught a little snippet of the melody she was singing and started singing the words and realized it was "Maybe" by Ingrid Michaelson.  It's a really great song about letting the person that you love go and hoping that they'll come back to you...And if they do then you know it's meant to last.  Anyways I completely adore Ingrid and thought that since we were singing this song tonight at work that it would make for a great post.  So here you are!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment