Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 7 and Day 8...I'm an epic failure!

Balls!  I missed yesterday's post...Again!  My boss is out of town and so I had to work crazy shifts that seriously just kicked my ass and made me too exhausted to even function much less blog...But that's no excuse...I said I was going to do this and I'm going to see it through dammit!  So, to make up for no post yesterday to my zero eagerly awaiting readers, I'll be posting two songs today!  Woo hoo!

So I'm kind of in one of those funky moods where you're questioning every life decision that has led you to this very moment and having to fight back grabbing the nearest duffel bag, stuffing it full of whatever essentials you have and taking off to some place where it will all be okay.  Needless to say my music choices are going to be a little weird.

The first song I'm posting is one that I've been listening to a lot on the bike to and from work...It's called "Face Down" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.  I don't know why but this song has kind of become my fallback angry song as of late.  And I have definitely been angry!  Haha  Customers are pissing me off at work and I'm beginning to resent them before they even walk in the door...I think I'm just burnt out on the job right now...I desperately need a break for sure!  Anyways this song is all about physical abuse in relationships....While I have never experienced physical abuse, I have been through my fair share of mind fucks and manipulative fuckwits...So I can kind of relate.  Plus this video is pretty cool I think!




My second post is slightly shameful.  Yes.  It's Celine Dion.  Singing "All By Myself".  The other spectrum of my lovely funk is the feeling that I'm not good enough for anyone and will never find love.  Ever.  In my entire life.  I'll die a lanky old man who has way too many cats and they'll eventually find my body three days later with multiple cat nibbles taken out of me.  One of my co-workers was singing this under her breath and it got stuck in my head.  And then I started thinking about the lyrics and getting more and more depressed and slightly emotional.  I think I'm having a full fledged case of man period or "meriod".  Lame.  Anyways, enjoy as Ms. Dion tickles your ear drums with this little ditty!



No comments:

Post a Comment