Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 5: "Rain" by Patty Griffin

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and homesick at the moment, which was really unexpected.  I realized that I thought I had to get out of the Midwest to escape the mess that I was after a horrible relationship/breakup.  Well, as it tends to do, the shit ended up following me down here and I still had to sort through it.  I'm happy to report that I'm 100% back to my normal self after a year and a half of some major soul searching and self examination.  But now that I'm finally seeing clearly and thinking with a level head I'm thinking "What the hell am I doing down here?!?"  My head and my heart belongs in Indiana...And I can't wait to get back!  I know now that it's up to me to make a name for myself wherever I am and there isn't a magical place on this earth that will present me with the opportunities to succeed in the photographic world.  Anyways, I've been doing A LOT of thinking today and found myself playing a lot of Patty.  So I've picked one of her best tunes in my opinion.  "Rain" is quintessential Patty Griffin.  Beautiful, ethereal, raw, honest, simplistic and mind blowing amazing.  I hope you enjoy!




 

1 comment: