Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Numero Dos: "Maps" cover by Rogue Wave

Ok.  So let me start off by saying two things up front:  1.) Karen O. and the Yeah Yeah Yeah's rocked the shit out of this song...I absolutely love everything about the original and think it's completely brilliant!  And 2.) I hate Starbucks.  Their coffee tastes how I imagine a fish asshole would taste if I were to give it a rimjob.  Not a fan.  However, I do have to begrudgingly admit that they put out some pretty descent music.  So I suppose they do one thing well.  There.  I said it.

It's yet another gloomy, overcast kind of day here in Austin so naturally I'm being completely lazy until it's time for P90X (yep...I'm part of that whole thing!) with my buddy Kristina.  Movies and reading all day in my sweatpants...Sounds pretty darn fantastic if I do say so myself!  Want to know something else that sounds pretty darn fantastic?  Rogue Wave's cover of the Yeah Yeah Yeah's song "Maps"!  See what I did there?  This delightful cover is brought to us by the "lovely" company Starbucks as part of their "Sweetheart" Valentine's Day CD.  While I loathe their drinks I do have to give them props for bringing these songs into my life.  There are a lot of great covers on here but this one happens to be one of my favorites.  I really love this in particular because they totally make it their own...It's a simplified version that still pays homage to the original but Rogue Wave does it in a way that's entirely fresh and their own.  It's the perfect song to have on repeat in the background while doing something creative or just trying to relax.  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment